Skip to main content
4030 Wake Forest Rd Suite 349, Raleigh, NC 27609 | (919) 400-4138

North Carolina Certificate of Authority

North Carolina Foreign Limited Liability Company

If you have an LLC based outside of the state of North Carolina and you want to operate in North Carolina, you will need to register your limited liability company as a foreign North Carolina LLC by filing an application for a North Carolina certificate of authority for a limited liability company with the Corporations Division of the N Carolina Secretary of State. You’ll need a Certificate of Good Standing from your home state dated within 6 months.

We can register your foreign North Carolina LLC for $100
plus the state filing fee.

OR, you can do the foreign North Carolina LLC registration filing yourself, and just sign up with us as your North Carolina registered agent. A foreign North Carolina LLC is required to have a registered agent. We offer this service for $49 a year.

Once you sign up for North Carolina registered agent service, you will be logged into your client account online where you’ll find the foreign North Carolina LLC application for certificate of authority that you need file with the North Carolina SOS. You’ll find additional resources to help you with your foreign North Carolina LLC registration.

After looking at the forms and resources we provide in your online account, if you do not want to actually do the filing yourself, you can add our foreign North Carolina LLC registration service by clicking on the add services tab in your account. We will file the paperwork for you for $100 plus any filing fees by the state. As part of that service, we will obtain the certificates and other documentation from your LLCs home state.