North Carolina Registered Agent
What is a North Carolina Registered Agent?
A North Carolina registered agent is an individual or entity that is appointed by a business to accept service of process, legal correspondence and important business mail. When a registered agent accepts these documents at their registered office, it’s the agent’s responsibility to forward these documents to the proper business in a timely manner.
At NC Registered Agent, LLC, we offer the fastest, most reliable NC registered agent service in the state. Our local Raleigh office accepts, uploads and processes thousands of documents every day for North Carolina LLCs and corporations. We also offer a secure infrastructure for you to build your entire North Carolina business presence: business domain name and email, your own open-source website, and a business phone number with the area code of your choice.
What You Get for $49 Per Year:
- Total compliance monitoring for your business
- No forwarding fees
- Fast, reliable document delivery
- Annual report reminders and tax notifications
- Commercial business address in Raleigh
- Instant business presence
- Immediate scanning of service of process into your online account
- No hidden fees or upsells
- Business filing guides and pro-tips for DIY customers
- One low price: $49 per year
When you form a corporation or LLC in North Carolina, you are required by law to appoint a registered agent. Our local experts do more than just file your LLC registration and satisfy your legal requirement for a registered agent. We offer comprehensive compliance monitoring to help domestic and foreign businesses maintain their good standing with the Secretary of State.
Our North Carolina registered agents take care of everything at an affordable price.
Establish You NC Business Presence Today
We want our clients to have an instant North Carolina business presence. That’s why we give you a free website domain for a year to get your business online instantly. You also get 90 days free of our professional business tools, including:
- Your own business email linked to your website domain
- Your own pre-built business website on an open-source platform that does not sell your data and that comes with SSL service for website security
- Your own North Carolina business phone number to keep your business and personal life separate (you can access a direct business line using your device in just minutes)
Everything you need to help you connect with your clients and business partners today. No additional upfront cost. We never sell your data. You can cancel at anytime.
Why Do I Need a NC Registered Agent?
Every legitimate business entity, both domestic and foreign, is required by law to maintain a registered agent and registered office in order to do business in North Carolina. A registered agent must be designated when you file formation or registration documents with the Secretary of State. Businesses that do not appoint an agent will have their filings rejected.
The Secretary of State enforces this requirement in order to have a reliable contact for every legitimate business operating within the state.
North Carolina Registered Agent Duties
- Maintain a registered office with a physical street address in North Carolina
- Keep regular office hours throughout the year
- Accept service of process and official business documents on behalf of clients
- Forward documents to clients in a timely manner
How NC Registered Agent Service Works
- When your business becomes party to a lawsuit, the court issues a notice, called a service of process
- A process server, law enforcement official or third party delivers the service of process to our registered office
- The process server delivers an affidavit to the court confirming that your business was “served”
- We immediately scan the service of process into your online account and contact you to inform you of the pending litigation
So My Registered Agent Gets All My Mail?
No. We are not a mail service or a mail forwarding house. A registered agent strictly receives legal correspondence and state notifications concerning legal compliance with North Carolina law.
On the other hand, it is not uncommon for “unofficial” mail to end up at our office. We’re not jerks. We don’t throw it out. We will scan all the mail we receive and contact you, regardless.
How Do I Change NC Registered Agents?
You can change your registered agent in North Carolina by filing a Change of Registered Agent form with the Secretary of State. This form can be filed online. There is a $12 filing fee.